Friday 14 June 2013

The final oral exams - Day 3 (English)

2 oral exams done. 2 oral exams left. I don't know, if I was confident or not, I mean... I'm not bad at English and I know my topic very well, but I haven't really practised my oral text. My mind was like "Oh snap.. Lol, doesn't matter. You'll figure something out during the exam". Yeah... I actually believed my mind. What a fool I am. My plan was to meet up hours before it was my turn, and then just read and read. Heh, it didn't go like that. I ended up talking with all the others, who were going to their exam today. I didn't even read one sentence... So, now it was my turn. I went into the room and started to do my presentation: IT WENT GREAT! I had about "youth and identity" and I had chosen "snail mail" as my topic, which is pretty easy for me to talk about. I had even brought some of my own snail mail letters and parcels from my pen friends with me! The teachers were very impressed. I guess that was my secret weapon. Not every person in the world snail mail, only some. Then I had to take a question and talk about it. I took "the civil rights (USA)". I wanted "Australia", but ok, I didn't get what I wanted to. My mark for the exam? 12! AKA "excellent"!
Later I even found out, that both Rada and Steph also got 12 for their English oral exam! How clever we are bahaaa...




Photo: Happy as a smurf 
Photo date: 26 February 2013
Taken by Annette Hui-Ying Li (me)

No comments:

Post a Comment