Wednesday 26 June 2013

The graduation ceremony

O.M.G.! I've waited for this day in 10 years now. Since I started in school, I've always thought about finishing school, and how it would be. That's it, and here I am. Standing in the middle of a bunch of other 9th graders from my school, who've thought exactly the same thought as me. How could it be?

Isn't it funny, how I'm just standing here and watching the time passing by? I've spend 5 hours and 25 minutes each day of a year with the same persons in the same classroom, except for holidays and weekends, and suddenly it all stops. Just like that. The principal's calling my name, and I walk over to him. Beside the principal my class teacher's standing. "Congratulation" is the word, and "thank you" I answer. The principal gives me my diploma, and my class teacher gives me a rose. The smile in my face, you should've seen it. I walk back, sit down and can't stop smiling. Ok, so now I probably should look at my diploma, look at my marks for both the final written exams and final oral exams. All in one piece of paper. To be honest I had some expectations, and most of the marks lived up to my expectation, while one mark didn't. It's all fine, cause I got some surprises too. This is great. My life is great, even though it has up and downs, but that's exactly what makes my life that great.

It's official now: I'M DONE WITH 9TH GRADE! I'M READY FOR "GYMNASIUM"! But most of all I'm ready for my summer holidays. Here I come.




Photo: The diploma and the rose
Photo date: 26 June 2013
Taken by Annette Hui-Ying Li (me)

No comments:

Post a Comment